Preventing Allergic Reactions to Plants
Can you still be a plant parent if you suffer from plant allergens? The answer is YES, of course! There are many ways yet to reduce your allergic reactions to plants. Bear in mind the following:3
- Choose non-flowering plants, or plant species that produce very little .
- Refrain from over-watering your plant babies. Too much water may encourage growth.
- Make sure your plants are getting enough sun. Dry heat and light prevent mold from taking root in your plants.
- Invest in a dehumidifier and an air purifier that can take care of allergens in your home. Use the dehumidifier to maintain humidity levels of below 50% in indoor spaces, which would minimise growth of mold. Use the air purifier to filter out these pollen and mold allergens from the air.
Choosing the Right Plants for Your Home
Choosing the right plants is also key to growing your indoor garden without suffering the consequences. Some houseplants can even help to clear and purify the air. 5
The best house plants for sufferers3 include:
- Peace lilies
- Golden pothos
- Areca palm, Kentia palm, Lady palm, and bamboo palm
The worst house plants for indoor gardeners with allergies include3-4:
- Weeping fig
- Male Palms and Yuccas
- African Violet
Treating Your Allergies to Plants
Allergic due to pollen or mold from plants can quickly abate thanks to Clarityn®. A fast-acting, long-lasting , Clarityn® is non-drowsy and can effectively relieve allergy symptoms triggered by over 200 airborne allergens.
With Clarityn® products available for adults and kids, you can be sure that the whole family can rest safe and easy, while you get to keep a thriving and growing luscious garden at home.